Ooh, look! The Guardian interviewed a few members of the Conlang list: Star Wars Ewokese to Star Trek Klingon: how do you invent a language?.
I’ve added a new instance of WordPress to the site: Túfóžan Language.
Túfóžan is one of the languages from the world that most of my (unpublished) fantasy stories are set. It and its website are both still very much under construction — which is why I’m not adding a link to the navigation here yet — but I thought I’d post a sneak peek for anyone interested.
- The weight of her against the backs of my knees on a cool night
- Her complaints if the food bowl wasn’t filled within seconds of my rising in the morning.
- The warmth of her snuggled into the living room chair next to me.
- Her purr when I scritched that perfect spot, and the way she rolled her head into it.
- The sounds from the bedroom while Andy’s getting dressed of the two of them playing.
- The way she’d follow me into the bathroom as if to say “You’re not doing anything important while you’re sitting there : pet me.”
- Her snoring, which on a quiet day could be heard across the room.
- The “how could you be so thick” look she’d level at me if I didn’t do what she wanted.
The recent advent of WordPress 4.0 (“Benny”) had me looking at this site and the tech that drives it again, and it looks as though newer installations of WP are configuring their databases in a way that will actually accommodate non-English characters properly. So I’ve reinstalled in the hopes of finally getting my conlangs online.
Plus, now that the twins are toddlers, they’re spending more time playing on their own, so maybe I can squeeze the occasional blog post into my schedule again.
Now that I’m 21 weeks pregnant, I’m feeling that it’s time to go public with the fertiliy posts I’ve been keeping private for the last few months. So, all of a sudden there’s a bunch of “new” stuff here to read. They’re all under the Fertility category. Enjoy.
First ultrasound today, at 6 weeks and 2 days according to my RE, and we very clearly have TWO gestational sacs and TWO yolk sacs and TWO embryos and TWO happily flickering heart beats.
Gods help us. This is going to be one hell of a ride.